Monday, July 31, 2006

I just found a wondrous blog : emerging women.

And what do I find on the sidebar of the blog? A conference, on the east coast, and better yet, in Virginia Beach. I am often skeptical of women's retreats and stuff because they get corny and too touchy-feely... but this conference seems to dialogue more like a conversation.

" We hope to facilitate discussions directly related to women, encouraging them to boldly emerge as leaders in this 21st Century. The conversations are inclusive of a diversity of leadership styles and opportunities. All women will have a voice at the table to dialogue, to learn and to advance our journeys of Christian spiritual formation."

yesssss.

and for students, it's only 25 dollars.

who wants to go with me??!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janelle,

I just glanced at that blog -- looks interesting. Surprisingly enough, Scot McKnight is mentioned in the most recent post (he's the author of the article I e-mailed you this evening). Also, Sarah Notton is on the blogroll; she lives in Indianapolis, IN. I get e-mails from her now and then.

Cool.

- csa

that girl said...

well scott, i found it thanks to you...

off of scott's blogroll, i see emerging women...it's the first thing that catches my eye.