Sunday, May 27, 2007

This is the time people are advised not to write blogs: when they're frickin pissed off out of their minds.

Yet writing is therapy for me.

I hate Manassas. I hate, hate, hate it. I hate how it has nothing to offer. I hate how little I feel genuine authenticity from people. I hate how people remind me of things I said 4 months ago and try to make an argument out of it. I hate how my "belief system" is considered wrong by most other christians I meet. Just because I'm not conservative. Just because I think there's something more to things than culture wars, homosexuality, pro-life/pro-choice and war. I hate it.

Now that I got that out of my system...


I did like church this morning. And there were some parts I had to accept despite my prejudices (I find it sorta weird to sing about America in church even if it Memorial Day weekend). But I pushed those all aside because I knew they weren't the point. I knew it was only a minor detail and something to look past to not focus on things I view negatively but things I view positively. I so often like to be negative and forget about all the positive points of life. I sat there knowing, hey I really like this congregation! The people there are the most real, genuine people I know in Manassas and possibly anywhere. I could feel the authenticity during worship and I could sense it during the sermon and it was overflowing from people who I caught up with after the service was over. And I had my past prejugdices with this church because I thought it was too conservative or charismatic. But I really enjoyed my time there today.

No comments: