Monday, November 17, 2008

for each epiphany there are a million questions

I get depressed about not having a professional job, while I don't even want a professional job. I don't want to run the rat race. But there's no way to come to terms with reality when you just avoid it. This is the life God gave me. I can't just run away.

So I get depressed about not getting what I don't want, because I am depressed by my own motives in getting what I do want. But most of all, my current situation depresses me beyond my motives and the professional world. So where does this leave me?

Is God good and powerful? Then why this silence?!

1 comment:

Monique said...

Is God good and powerful? Then why this silence?!

Yes God is good and powerful. Sometimes he is silent in order to force us to be silent so that we may listen to the message he is about to give us. God never abandons you, he is always there. He is always present even when you can't hear, see, or feel him..he is there. I heard this song last night and it really touched me and i thought i would share it with you (with a few of my comments added)

Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
//storms such as you are going through now
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me // he will never let go of you!

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles //there will be an end...you just have to hang in there
But until that day comes
We’ll live to know You here on the earth

<3 you and miss you!