Sunday, November 04, 2007

because I bet my roommate reads this blog



This is a pretty terrific cartoon, which helps explain my complex feelings about only buying organic/free-range foods, and my outrage at extremist groups like PETA who try to shut down meat buisnesses (I saw a movie they made themselves which showed them protesting outside of KFC). While I hate animal cruelty, it's also unfair to put people in lower economic classes out of a job. It's funny that the people involved in these animal rights groups are usually not working class folk. Well, just a thought. I don't like the meat industry but it's good to see that there's always two sides and more complexity to an issue than people make.

Thanks, Lindsey for sending me the cartoon.
It can be found at http://www.theonion.com/content/cartoon/oct-29-2007



No comments: