Wednesday, July 16, 2008

the hunger years

I want to write a book with that title. I think that's title been used already. Anyone know? I don't want to face reality by looking it up.

The reason why I'm not setting down to write anything is because it'd be a little too autobiographical. Not like writers don't do that shamelessly, but I need a little bit of distance from things before I can write about them, and ultimately, fictionalize them.

"The Hunger Years" would be about an idealistic girl who just graduated college and has no clue how her life is supposed to be. She feels a strong calling to go back to her hometown, but when she gets there, she starts to experience a deep spiritual hunger which she finds herself incapable to feed. More summary to come later.

2 comments:

Beth Beck Land said...

Hi friend, I was curious so I looked it up. The closest is called "The Hunger Year" and refers to France during WWII. The next closest is "The Years of Hunger" and refers to people trying to survive the Soviet Union or Ireland's Potato famine.
Looks like you're in the clear, especially since I have a feeling your topic would not be war/famine history based!
<3 ~ Beth

Beth Beck Land said...
This comment has been removed by the author.