Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Reaching for an Invisible God

I was thoroughly enjoying Phillip Yancey's Reaching for An Invisible God but then he got all Armenian on me. Ugh.

While he brings up some good points, I with my little knowledge of theology, could easily challenge a couple of them.

But that's for another blog. It doesn't matter if he's Armenian or Calvinist. This book is good and I just wish all of the people who have told me that Christians are supposed to be happy optimists would read it. It discusses just about every issue and doubt Christians have about Christian faith. Lately I have doubted the presence of my own faith due to my constant pessimism but Yancey challenges that assumption.

I may turn this into a longer blog later. For now, I don't have much more to say. Just pick it up and read it for yourself.

No comments: