Sunday, March 22, 2009

one day, i shall write a book on laughter

Would if you were given the capacity to see all of life's events, rather dramatic, traumatic or light-hearted, through humorous eyes?

is this strength? weakness?



both?


Though I may have a peculiarly weighty heart, I say everything with the same ironic tone. Because I view happiness and pain as directly linked co-existors. One cannot be without the other. So they are equal co-partners in delivering life's hearty laughter (I am one who has had to keep myself from laughing at a funeral).

I don't see this perspective as dark or cynical. I see it as accepting of all circumstances, but can be easily mis contrived on several many ocassions. Even when laughter is healthy, we need to practice caution in how and when we execute it.

No comments: