Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Do you ever see the missing pieces of life fitting together like a puzzle?

Or you experience something and you wonder "What was that about?"

It's been that kind of week.

Amidst all the busyness, some crazy (or more subtley important) things are happening.

And it reminds me that God has a plan.

And I am walking in the palm of his hand.


"God, what does this all mean?" I keep asking. (When I do ask, lately I've so caught in my busy life, I give myself so little time to stop and reflect).

Everything works together. Just one slight re-adjustment of my routine changes the outcome of a day (is this predestination or free will, I won't get into. But I know what I believe).

Forrest Gump surprisingly sums it up pretty well:
"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time."

I believe in calling, destiny, predestination, whatever you call it. But it is intermingled with the choices we make out of free will (but if God is sovereign how much is that up to us? I don't know.)


Meanwhile, I just rest in knowing that I am just a mere vessel in a greater plan for humankind.

No comments: