Thursday, October 11, 2007

I always write in here when I have something due hanging over my head. Right now, I should be writing (revising) some fantastic fiction scenes, but I'm more than just a little tired.

I want to address a very weak part of my spirituality:

Being.

Resting in God's arms.


When people talk about cuddling up with Jesus, I kinda want to barf. I'm not very affectionate by nature and this is probably why. However, lately I've been experiencing God more than cognitively.


He is wooing me.

Yes!!

I feel like God is taking me where I am and breathing some lifeforce back into my being. He's bringing me to a place where I don't just desire to study him I desire to be with him.

But, I still fall into the same routine sometimes.

I researched post-grad options for almost 3 hours Tuesday night. It was completely fruitless, though it did confirm some things I will not be doing after I graduate. God kept on nudging me. I could feel it. He was telling me not to worry. Everything will be alright. I have plans for you.

And then randomly a song came to my head. And I wandered around my house singing it:

Ho-ho-ho-ly
Ho-ho-ho-ly
is the Lord God Almighty

Ho-ho-ho-ly
Ho-ho-ho-ly
is the Lord God Almighty


Heaven and Earth are filled with his praises
Heaven and Earth are filled with his love
Heaven and Earth are filled with his praises
Holy is the Lord God Almighty

Holy is the Lord, God Almighty
Who was and is and is to come!...

I kept singing that. Repeating those words. Not cognitively knowing why I was singing. Just singing. Being led in the Spirit. Reflecting on the words without trying to go into some big definitions of what Holiness is.

Being still and knowing he is God. And that he is with me.

People act like holiness is a thing that should shame us. Because God is so mighty and we are nothing. And while that's true in some sense, it's not complete. God's holiness is good news to us and it leads us into peace, rather than fear. Unless we make it bad news.

I have cringed from his Holiness even though I know the Good News in my head. It's something that needs to be affirmed in our hearts, enlightening us there.

Some of you may be confused when reading this. Maybe wondering what I'm talking about.

The Good News in a far too brief summary:
God was in existence, in relationship with himself, being three in one- Father, Son, Spirit.
God created us in his image, to be in relationship with Him. We turned our backs on Him and did what is evil in his eyes. Since God's perfection cannot be contradicted, he could no longer be in relationship with us. The Father sent his Son to live here on earth, and he died as payment for our sins. Because of this we can have relationship with God, through knowing Jesus Christ. We follow him or we don't and when we decide to follow Jesus, we die to ourselves- to our ambitions, our goals. We give everything we are up to him. He gives us a new Identity. We are brought back to life with him. We have eternal life and we can experience eternity with Him, now! At this very moment.

And as crazy and absurd as that sounds, it's the best news I have ever known.

No comments: