Thursday, August 12, 2010

I lead a hard life. part 1- Bagels!

For days I have been thinking about burritoes. It has begun to possess my mind. I could hardly work out yesterday at the gym. All I wanted to do was go to Wegman's and cook lunch for today immediately.

I spend way too much money on fresh veggies and fruit. Which is why I normally only buy them if I am planning to make something.

But, also in my hunger, I bought bagels. I bought around 7 and this is difficult to confess, but, every time I shop at Wegman's and I buy bread, I start eating it as soon as I get to the car. I will sit there, in the parking lot, for several minutes, ripping the bread and chewing it viciously. This must be quite the sight for any incidental passerbys.

Well, last night, I could not even wait to get into the car. The store clerk tied the bag my bagels were in to keep my healthier rice cakes from falling out. I tear the bag open, and find the most appealling bagel and I eat it as I am loading my groceries.

And then, contact! A Wegman's employee, boy, who looked to be about 20, comes from nowhere and asks in a deep, thick country accent "Can I take yer cart?"

My mouth is full of bagel. I finish chewing. "Excuse me. Sorry, I just wanted to eat my bagel."

"Do you want me to help you finish loading your groceries?"

"Yes, yes. That'd be great."

He helps me load the rest, and he walks away. Bagel still in my hand.

I brought them proudly into work today, but since I knew I did not have enough to go around, I ripped them in quarters. Just as Jesus fed the 5000, I feed my hungry co-workers through the breaking of bread.



Ashley walks out to grab a bagel and finds the whole scene hilarious, especially as I have replaced my bagel with a banana, because part of my temp tooth fell out. Yes, I had to get a root canal done back in June because a huge part of one of my front teeth fell out. From a piece of interestingly shaped pasta.

No comments: