Sunday, August 01, 2010

my cheating heart

Friday was National Cheescake Day. We talked about it all week at work, and no one ended up bringing one in, which was odd because cheesecake is an office fave around there. Instead, our resident pastry chef brought in my FAVORITE goodies that she makes for the Wine Kitchen. No doubt about it, Rebekah Pizana is gifted.

When I saw these set up on one of the front tables, I literally wailed. I was so upset. All this pastry goodness. And I already cheated that day.

When I was at Market Street, I bought my iced americano with caramel drizzled allll over the cup. The caramel's not vegan.

I managed perfectly discipline for most of the day, especially because I was distracted by pictures from BFF's wedding on Sam Hurd's website.

But then eventually, I caved in and took a chocolate cake ball-- my absolute favorite. So rich. So moist.

I took it when no one was watching. Though I did confess my sins later.

On Saturday, I worked at a wedding. I poured people drinks (coke, water, drip coffee): very complicated business. At one point, an elderly man ordered a coffee which I percieved he said "half regular, half decaf and half n' half." Confusing, eh. Turns out he did not want the cream, but was just repeating himself. I set the coffee aside because I hate throwing things away, and drank some forgetting it half n' half. I love half & half with a greater affection than I will probably love my sunflower garden whenever I plant it. It's going to be so hard to be rid of it. Especially since soy looks so miserable in coffee-- it curdles-- grr-oss!! At the store, I can buy coconut milk, almond milk, soy creamer, but most coffee shops just have soy milk and this is a great tragedy.

But I regress...

Another thing to note why I don't like working a wedding, is everyone eating in front of you while you yourself cannot eat. Nor do you have any place you steal away to, to grab a quick bite. You are stuck to your station, foodless and watching everyone eat. By the time things were over, I was ravenous. And the only thing sitting out still was the chocolate wedding cake. Much more moist and complex than most wedding cakes I've had.

Dairy fail.

No comments: