Thursday, August 05, 2010

Party time! Excellent!

It's true. It's the over-consumption of dairy at office parties which made go dairy-free-- a hospvegan.

It happened two weeks ago. An all-company breakfast in the morning, a good-bye party in the afternoon. Between these two events, I ate:

a plate full of eggs
yogurt
pizza bites
garlic bread (with a rich garlic butter)
ice cream cake
cheese cake

All in one day. I nearly keeled over and died. Now I realize this was extreme reaction since I obviously ate too much dairy in one day, but after that I was sick for a whole week and had to do something to cleanse myself.

Today is goodbye party #2. For a colleague and friend I dearly love and will miss. Aubrey is the best, and she was the most organized co-worker I have ever had. Already, I find myself dying from our celebration. Ashley and I bought her a big bouquet of yellow and white daisies, an orange gerber daisy and other pretties.

It's making me sneeze, a lot.

For the party today, I made bruschetta and guacamole. Completely vegan, but still friendly to the general populace.

But I had a brilliant, non-vegan friendly idea:

strawberry shortcake.

I scoured all of Giant last night for some non-dairy whipped cream, begging and pleading the Lord God Almighty.

It was not in existence. Should have went to Wegman's (sorry, Daniel*).

We also got ice cream. But foreknowing, I bought coconut milk cookies and cream ice cream for myself and other non-dairy or non-egg office cohorts

Non-dairy and the assumption that we are all becoming lactose-intolerant is becoming a trend. One of my co-workers just experienced some sort of food poisoning and what gets the blame? Dairy. And rightfully so.

I was talking to Aubrey about how the dairy we consume is not healthy for our bodies and creating a lactose-intolerant culture. We should be drinking raw milk and eating raw cheese.

me: I simply cannot afford it.
Aubrey: yeah
you need a goat
they eat alot
me: hahaha!!
maybe i will keep one in my aparement's yard
and milk it

We imagined what it would be like if I actually did keep a goat in the yard and I tried to milk it. I might write a short story out of imagining such an event.

"OH, come now, little goat. Hold still. WHY WON'T YOU HOLD STILL, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD?!"

But anyway, MMMMM...Thank you Purely Decadent for providing delicious vegan happy ice cream.

So ice cream is set, but will I treat myself to the full strawberry shortcake experience? Will I just eat a couple strawberries instead?

To be Continued...

*Daniel is my older brother who is a Giant manager. He always gets sad when anyone in the family chooses to go to Wegman's or Trader Joe's (or, OMG, Bloom!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.